WHAT IS A BASIN STYLE PEDICURE?
- At TBM we use a simply elegant, hygienic alternative to noisy thrones or jets. Basin bowl surfaces are non-absorbent and scratch-resistant, allowing the bowl to be thoroughly disinfected. it helps sanitation-conscious clients feel safe during a pedicure, even if they're suffering from a high-risk disease like diabetes. During the treatment, hot water may be refreshed with a pitcher, or by the addition of heated stones during the service.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GEL, DIP, AND ACRYLIC?
- THE Gel polish is made up of acrylic monomers and oligomers that bond together when placed under UV light — the same basic technology as "soft" polish gels, but resulting in a harder nail.
- Dip nails are created by brushing the nail with glue, sprinkling on the same powder used in liquid and powder systems, and then adding an activator, sparking a chain reaction between the acrylic and the glue to create a hard, smooth surface.
- Extensions, aka the artificially long nails you might think of when you hear "acrylics," are not part of every dip or gel manicure. For added length, the products are applied either over a tip — a long piece of plastic glued to the end of your nail — or over a form, a little sticker under your natural nail that guides the extension and peels off once the nail is hard.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BETWEEN MAINTENANCE APPOINTMENTS?
- For gel, dip, and acrylic services it varies between 2-4 weeks between appointments depending on your growth and/or how hard you are on them.
- Most commonly guests have a 3 week maintenance regimen.
IS A CBD MANI/PEDI SAFE FOR SOMEONE WITH DRUG SCREENING? WILL IT MAKE ME HIGH?
- CBD (also known as cannabidiol) is the non-intoxicating component of marijuana or hemp plants. CBD is extracted as a powder, and is typically mixed with an oil like olive, hemp, or coconut, all of which enhance application and effectiveness, hence the name “CBD oil”.
- CBD oil in skin care won’t get you high because it doesn’t have the mind-altering properties of marijuana’s tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content. It’s extracted from the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant, whose THC content is exceptionally low (often so low it cannot be detected by testing equipment).
- It is also important to know that CBD oil is not the same thing as hemp seed oil, which is another great ingredient for skin. The two are often marketed interchangeably, but CBD oil is richly concentrated in cannabidiol, whereas hemp seed oil only contains trace amounts of cannabidiol, if any.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I NOTICE A FUNGUS ON MY NAIL?
- If you are unsure of having this issue please consult your nail tech or doctor.
- Remove all enhancements and polishes and purchase an anti-fungal brush on treatment. Usually available at your local drugstore.
- Do not put anything on top of this. You’re nails are porous and the treatment will need to be reapplied multiple times until fungus is remedied.
WHAT DO I USE TO REMOVE MY NAIL ENHANCEMENTS AT HOME?
- We always recommend having a professional remove your enhancements to ensure they are removed correctly and safely to prevent damage to your natural nails.
- However, if you choose to do it at home you must gently remove the top coat with a file then soak in acetone for 10 minutes. Then gently remove the loose product. If there is remaining product repeat in smaller increments of time until it is all removed. If available, apply a nail strengthened afterward.